Grilled Eggplant and Roasted Bell Pepper Sandwich
With Fresh Mozzarella and Basil Leaves on Whole Grain Bread
- 1#Eggplant cut into ½ inch rounds
- 12oz Roasted red bell peppers cut into strips
- 6oz Fresh Mozzarella cut into ½ inch rounds
- 4oz Fresh basil leaves
- 2oz Extra virgin olive oil
- 1oz Balsamic vinegar
- 8 Slices of Whole grain bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brush the Eggplant slices with the olive oil, garlic, oregano and Balsamic vinegar and let sit for 30 min.
- Grill the eggplant using a grill pan or outdoor grill for 3 minutes a side or until very tender and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- After cooling the Eggplant assemble your sandwich by placing the eggplant, roasted peppers, fresh mozzarella and basil leaves in that order and top with the bread.
Visit Freshology: www.freshology.com